Stella Fosse Author
Stella Fosse is a writer in her sixties whose erotic life bloomed in her fifties. Stella captured this surprising turn of events in short fiction, which she shared at the Dirty Old Women reading series in Oakland, California. She chose the pseudonym, Stella Fosse, to spare her adult children the embarrassment of a mother who writes erotica. By now the children are more or less resigned, but Stella keeps the name just in case.
You can find all Stella’s books here.
Her book empowering women through erotic writing “Aphrodite’s Pen: The Power of Writing Erotica After Midlife” was published by North Atlantic Press in September, 2019. Through anecdote, playful exercises, interviews and writing samples, the book encourages ripe women to explore erotic writing as a joyful practice. Stella plans to expand this writing group concept to other locations, including her new home state of North Carolina.
Stella leads erotic writing workshops based on the concept of creativity as play. Or you can sign up for a FREE online writing class.
In 2016, Stella and her friend Susan Kuchinskas founded a writing group called Elderotica for women over fifty. With monthly meetings to share story writing and friendship, Elderotica has become a great support group for Bay Area women exploring creativity and sexuality after midlife.
As all this has unfolded, Stella has discovered many terrific resources, which she is happy to share on this website.
Stella wishes you joy exploring!
The "Why" - Stella's Manifesto.
We Want YOU!
... to get involved: send us your blog or an article for publication on Stella's site.
Here’s what we need from you:
- The draft text of your proposed piece. We prefer plain text, with a length of 500 words or more. Your topic should be related to Stella’s passions: writing, erotica, sexuality, being a mature woman, a grandmother, etc. See Stella’s manifesto, above.
- A picture of you. jpg format 800 pixels on the long side, standard srgb
- Your byline – or pseudonym – if you use one
- Your real name and age (decade is fine!)
- A short bio (up to 100 words – we may edit it for length)
- Your email address
- A link to your website (if you have one)
- A link to you blog (if you have one)
- A Link to your social media.
Please email all these items to webmaster [at] stellafosse [dot] com and we’ll be in touch! Very Soon!
Stella in the News
All That Legal Stuff
Stella Fosse, Author
Mailing Address: 125 S Estes Drive #4311, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
Stella: stella [at] stellafosse [dot] com
Web Problems: webmaster [at] stellafosse [dot] com
Press, PR, speaking, book club scheduling, operational issues, etc., etc: graham [at] stellafosse [dot] com